Maintaining Asthma Control: Factors to Consider for Your Population
Science & Innovation Webinar
Webinar Recorded on Sep. 22, 2021
Sponsored by GSK
Studies show 30% to 50% of patients treated with a medium- or high-dose ICS/LABA report inadequately controlled asthma, even when adherence was optimal. Uncontrolled asthma increases health care resource utilization, leading to greater health care costs and decreased patient quality of life. Measures of asthma control include both clinical and population-based tools that can be used to inform decision making. Guidelines also recommend treatment options at various stages to improve asthma control.
This program will review asthma:
- Clinical and population measures for asthma control
- Guideline recommendations for management
- Studies that show improved control using different methods.
At the end of the program, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the burden of uncontrolled asthma
- Review current control measures & management strategies, and
- Discuss approaches and practical applications for improving asthma control.
- John Oppenheimer, MD
Clinical Professor of Medicine
UMDNJ / Rutgers
- Michael Bogart, PharmD
Value Evidence & Outcomes
This webinar is sponsored, developed and presented by the sponsor. The content of this Science & Innovation Theater Webinar and opinions expressed by the presenters are those of the sponsor or presenters and not of AMCP.