Drug Product Pipeline Portal (Limited View)
The AMCP Drug Product Pipeline is the latest innovation in providing access and insight into the formulary decision-making process. Designed to alleviate the workloads of pharmacy benefit managers and health care decision makers, the Pipeline aggregates data from government databases as well as other publicly available sources to provide a one-stop portal featuring the next generation of pharmaceuticals.
AMCP, in partnership with Apperture, created the Pipeline to provide users with insight into the latest pharmaceuticals that will impact their managed care practice and patients' health over the next five years.
Interested in the full, comprehensive version of the Pipeline? An interactive view can be found on the Member View page.
How to use this dashboard.
The AMCP Drug Product Pipeline (Non-Member View):
- View the overall Pipeline metrics.
- Examine the trial completions by year.
- Observe the trials broken down by therapy class and current trial phase.
- Review the trial recruitment status and the breakdown of sponsors and conditions.
Data Crystallization Process
- ClinicalTrials.gov data was extracted for Phase II/III and Phase III clinical trials.
- Data was cleaned using Apperture pre-specified rules detailed below.
- FDA approved drugs/biologics/vaccines
- Indication expansions
- Dosage form expansions
- Combination therapies with all approved FDA drugs
- Interventions that may be approved outside the US, but not by the US FDA.
- Newer generation vaccines.
- Conditions were mapped to therapeutic area and physiological system.
- Data validation was conducted for the Top 75 biopharmaceutical companies.
- Data was analyzed using Excel and visualized in Tableau.
- ClinicalTrials.gov is updated daily and completeness of the data is impacted by reporting delays, quality of data entry, and business decisions.
- Variations in ClinicalTrials.gov data entry may result in multiple drug entries or condition/indications.
Data Sources: Primary data source is Clinicaltrials.gov supplemented by publicly available data including manufacturer websites.
Last Clinicaltrials.gov data update: April 30th, 2021