Drug Product Pipeline Portal (Limited View)
The AMCP Drug Product Pipeline is the latest innovation in providing access and insight into the formulary decision-making process. Designed to alleviate the workloads of pharmacy benefit managers and health care decision makers, the Pipeline aggregates data from government databases as well as other publicly available sources to provide a one-stop portal featuring the next generation of pharmaceuticals.
AMCP, in partnership with Apperture, created the Pipeline to provide users with insight into the latest pharmaceuticals that will impact their managed care practice and patients' health over the next five years.
Interested in the full, comprehensive version of the Pipeline? An interactive view can be found on the Member View page.
How to use this dashboard.
The AMCP Drug Product Pipeline (Non-Member View):
- View the overall Pipeline metrics.
- Examine the trial completions by year.
- Observe the trials broken down by therapy class and current trial phase.
- Review the trial recruitment status and the breakdown of sponsors and conditions.
Data Crystallization Process
ClinicalTrials.gov data was extracted for Phase II, Phase II/III, and Phase III clinical trials.
Data was cleaned using Apperture pre-specified rules detailed below.
- Trials reading out between 2016 and 2026 were included.
- Trials with active, completed, enrolling, not yet recruiting, and recruiting status were included.
- Only trials with FDA-regulated drugs were included.
- Trials with a suspended, terminated, withdrawn, or missing status were excluded.
- Trials with oncological conditions were excluded.
- Therapies and trials of therapies with previously approved FDA indications were excluded.
- Analysis and reporting:
- Routes of administration were coded, and conditions were mapped to therapeutic areas.
- Data validation was conducted at each step in the process.
- Data were analyzed using Microsoft Access and Excel and dashboards created in Tableau.
- ClinicalTrials.gov is updated daily and completeness of the data is impacted by reporting delays, quality of data entry, and business decisions.
- Variations in ClinicalTrials.gov data entry may result in multiple drug entries or condition/indications.
Data Sources: Primary data source is Clinicaltrials.gov supplemented by publicly available data including manufacturer websites.
Last Clinicaltrials.gov data update: Feb. 28, 2022