Oncology is a specialization that involves the management of drug treatments for people with early and advanced cancers that affect the organs, muscles, bones and connective tissue. However, people with some early-stage cancers may be treated with surgery or radiation therapy alone and may not need the care of an oncologist.1
AMCP is pleased to work with Genentech to offer these resources to you.
Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy
- Improving patient-reported measures in oncology: a payer call to action. Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy, 2021 Jan;27(1):118-126.
- Valuing treatment in oncology: embracing a broader notion of value. Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy, 2022 Mar; 28(3):362-368.
- A systematic review of rehabilitation and exercise recommendations in oncology guidelines. Stout N L, Mina D S, Lyons K D, et al. CA Cancer J Clin. 2021, Mar. doi: 10.3322/caac.21639.
- Radiation oncology during COVID-19: Strategies to avoid compromised care. Horsley P J, Back M, Lamoury G, et al. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2021, Feb. doi: 10.1111/ajco.13456.
- Radiotherapy: An immune response modifier for immuno-oncology. De Martino M, Daviaud C, Vanpouille-Box C. Semin Immunol. 2021, Feb. doi: 10.1016/j.smim.2021.101474.
- Radiogenomics in Interventional Oncology. Moussa A M, Ziv E. Curr Oncol Rep. 2021, Jan. doi: 10.1007/s11912-020-00994-9.
- Cardio-oncology Training in the COVID-19 Era. Feldman S, Liu J, Steingart R, et al. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2021, Jun. doi: 10.1007/s11864-021-00855-y.
- Fasting and Exercise in Oncology: Potential Synergism of Combined Interventions. Wilson R L, Kang D, Christopher C N, et al. Nutrients. 2021, Sep. doi: 10.3390/nu13103421.
- Precision Oncology Beyond Genomics: The Future Is Here-It Is Just Not Evenly Distributed. Ulrike Pfohl, Alina Pflaume, Manuela Regenbrecht, et al. Cells. 2021, Apr. doi: 10.3390/cells10040928.
- Impact of innovation in oncology: more questions than answers. Fasola G, Barducci M C, Giordano Beretta G. Tumori. 2021, Dec. doi: 10.1177/03008916211027646.
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant end-points in health technology assessment in oncology. Harbeck N, Schneeweiss A, Thuss-Patience P, et al. Eur J Cancer. 2021, Apr. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2021.01.006.
- COVID-19 and cancer: From basic mechanisms to vaccine development using nanotechnology. Han H J, Nwagwu C, Anyim O, et al. Int Immunopharmacol. 2021, Jan. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2020.107247.
Sponsored by Genentech USA.
1. MayoClinic. (n.d.) Oncology (Medical). Retrieved from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments-centers/oncology/sections/overview/ovc-20198225.