AMCP Advisory Groups
AMCP brings together groups of key stakeholders, including managed care decision-makers, subject matter experts, and sponsors to form advisory groups that work collaboratively toward addressing challenges and opportunities for the managed care pharmacy community. Advisory group members are selected via AMCP member application, invitations for subject matter experts, and supported by our partners.
Learn more about sponsoring an Advisory Group.
- AMCP Digital Therapeutics Advisory Group 2022–24
The AMCP Digital Therapeutics Advisory Group will identify, develop, and disseminate best practices for the evaluation, coverage, and implementation of Digital Therapeutics in managed care benefits to improve patient outcomes.
- This Advisory Group concludes in Q2 2024.
- AMCP Health Disparities Advisory Group 2022–24
The AMCP Health Disparities Advisory Group will identify, develop, and disseminate best practices for formulary and utilization management, and payment models in the managed care pharmacy benefit to improve patient outcomes and develop a leadership roadmap for health disparities.
- This Advisory Group will conclude in Q2 2024.
- AMCP Patient Voice Advisory Group 2023–25
The AMCP Patient Voice Advisory Group will develop tools and guidance for payers to consider patient evidence when making coverage decisions and for patient organizations seeking to understand payer needs.
- This Advisory Group launched in Q2 2023 and will conclude in Q3 2025.
- AMCP Biosimilars Operational Readiness Initiative
Biosimilars are gaining traction in the US marketplace however, there are persistent and complex barriers to evaluation and adoption. AMCP will identify managed care pharmacy needs and develop resources to aid in assessing and implementing biosimilars.
- This Advisory Group launched in Q1 2023 and will conclude in Q1 2025.
Ongoing Advisory Groups
- AMCP Digital Therapeutics Advisory Group
The 2022–24 Advisory Group is creating and disseminating tools and resources to guide the coverage and utilization of digital therapeutics.
- AMCP Health Disparities Advisory Group
The 2022–24 Advisory Group is developing tools and resources to aid managed care pharmacy with capturing and using data on underserved populations and enhancing the formulary development process to mitigate disparities.
Completed Advisory Groups
- AMCP Value-Based Contracting Advisory Group
The 2020–2023 Advisory Group developed a lexicon and provided examples of real-world challenges and possible solutions for successful implementation of value-based agreements.
- AMCP Substance Use Disorder Advisory Group
The 2021–2022 group collected and disseminated guidelines for managed care pharmacists to address substance use disorder through integrated care models and improved benefit designs.