The mission of the Georgia Affiliate of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (GA-AMCP) is to foster the growth of managed care pharmacy practice in Georgia and to provide an organization where AMCP members in Georgia can discuss the common goal of providing innovative, high quality and cost-effective health care while improving the quality of life and patient outcomes within the communities we serve.
- Legislative Focus: Increase "grassroots and managed care advocacy awareness at the local level-"Think globally, act locally!" Tap into local lobbyists as an educational resource on regional and state issues as they relate to managed care pharmacy.
- Managed Care Education-Students: Georgia-AMCP will work to educate student pharmacists about managed care and work with the schools and colleges of pharmacy in the state to broaden a student pharmacists exposure to managed care prior to graduation. The Affiliate will assist the AMCP Student Chapters and Diplomats as a resource for managed care pharmacy related information.
- Vision: To foster the growth of managed care pharmacy practice in Georgia and to provide an organization where AMCP members in Georgia can discuss the common goal of providing innovative, high quality and cost-effective health care while improving the quality of life and patient outcomes within the communities we serve.
President: Silky Beaty
Secretary: Desola Davis
Treasurer: Matt Nguyen
Immediate Past President: Marie Parker
Social Media Manager: Jared Safran
There are no additional charges to be a Georgia AMCP member, however you must be a current AMCP member for affiliate membership.
Events & Activities
GA-AMCP Student Scholarship
GA-AMCP is excited to announce its call for student scholarship applicants. The scholarship was established to encourage the future of managed care pharmacists and awarded to help curtail the expenses (e.g., registration fee, travel, lodging, membership fee) associated with national meeting attendance. Up to Six (6) students from the four Georgia-based pharmacy schools will be selected. Students from the four GA-based pharmacy schools are invited to apply: Mercer University, University of Georgia, PCOM and South University. Applicants from non-GA based schools will not be considered.
Biography, resume (or CV) and letter of intent can be submitted via email to the Georgia AMCP email box at GAAMCP@gmail.com.
What: GA-AMCP Student Scholarship
Who: Up to 6 Students (from the schools of pharmacy: Mercer, UGA, PCOM, South)
How much: $165 each
Scholarship money (with receipt) can be used for: Registration fee, Travel or lodging , Membership fee
- Involvement with school AMCP chapter
- Expense receipts for AMCP National Conference in Houston, TX
- Biography, 1 paragraph,
- Letter of intent, 1 page
- What does managed care mean to you?
- What is the biggest issue with managed care?
- Resume or CV
- Possible interview (TBD)
Timeline: Applications are open and being accepted now and will close March 22nd, 2020 at midnight. Applications received after midnight will not be considered. Winners will be selected via committee and announced at the GA-AMCP Meeting during AMCP 20202 in Houston, TX.
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/groups/7022414
Twitter - @gaamcp
For more information, please contact GAAMCP@gmail.com.
Join Our List: Affiliate information is automatically sent to any AMCP member who resides in an affiliate state or region. If you are a current AMCP member who lives outside an area covered by an affiliate and want to be added to an affiliate roster, please click this link to subscribe to their list.
Jerry Dubberly, Ann Duke, Chamelda Gray, Becky Hamilton, Bill Hopkins, Sharon Montgomery, Shobhna Butler, Mary Cooper, Marjan Massoudi, Beth Holland, Kenan Smith and Adrian Washington