The mission of Georgia AMCP is to foster the growth of managed care pharmacy practice in Georgia and to provide an organization where AMCP members in Georgia can discuss the common goal of providing innovative, high quality and cost-effective health care while improving the quality of life and patient outcomes within the communities we serve.
President: Andrea Gabby Redfern, PharmD
President-Elect: Celynda Tadlock, PharmD
Secretary: Raina Penkar, PharmD
Treasurer: Matt Nguyen, PharmD
Member-at-Large: William Nole Mangine, MS
Education Coordinator: Joseph Goble, PharmD
Social Media Chair: Kish Golden, PhD
Student Advisory Co-Chairs: Michelle Aslami, PharmD; Monee Bell, PharmD
Winter Symposia Chair: Tenicia Talley, PharmD
There are no additional charges to be a Georgia AMCP member, however, you must be a current AMCP member for affiliate membership.
Events & Activities
Call for Nominations - Deadline February 18, 2021 @ 5:00PM EST
The Nomination Committee is now accepting nominations for President-Elect and Social Media Chair. Individuals nominated for President-Elect must be pharmacists. Individuals nominated for President-Elect or Social Media Chair must be AMCP members in good standing; however, anyone can submit a nomination.
• The Nomination Committee will accept nominations from all members.
• You may nominate yourself or someone else.
• Please check with your employer to ensure there is not a conflict before submitting your name or accepting a nomination.
How to nominate an individual
Send your nomination to email@example.com with the Name, Phone number, Email address, Position(s) for the Nomination, Nominee Background Information, current AMCP membership. The Nomination Committee will reach out to nominees and verify their interest in the position and provide a more detailed job description.
2021 GA-AMCP Annual Symposia: March 13, 2021 - Reg is Open!
When: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 8:00AM – 2:00PM EST
Where: Zoom (Link provided in registration confirmation)
The Annual GA-AMCP Symposia is our affiliate’s "big" educational event offering 4.0 hours of CE credit, certified for pharmacists, on various topics of interest (driven by YOUR feedback!), as well as exhibits designed for meeting and networking with our industry partners. Help us make this year’s symposia our best one yet!
This year’s topics will include:
• An Update on Vaccines in Georgia
• Quality Care for Patients with Type II Diabetes
• Clinical and Economic Review of High Cost Medications
• How to Effectively use Social Media as a Healthcare Professional
GA-AMCP is seeking individuals to support the below SAB initiatives as detailed in the above August newsletter.
SAB was developed in 2019 to support local GA-AMCP student pharmacist chapters with their professional development and expansion of their managed care network. We are seeking volunteers to participate in the program this year! Please see below for the two ways to get involved:
- Mentorship Program (pharmacists and students)
- Managed care professionals and pharmacy students will be paired for general career mentorship for one academic school year. Pairings will be notified early October 2020 and are encouraged to connect (virtually or via phone) at least quarterly. SAB offers suggested topics and support to foster the communications and relationship building.
- Managed Care Guest Speaker (pharmacist volunteers only)
- Pharmacists who sign-up will be included on an email list and notified when opportunities are available to speak or present at a local pharmacy school as a guest speaker (virtual at this time).
If you are a managed care professional interested in being a part of the professional development of future pharmacists, please click on this link to sign-up by September 30, 2020: https://forms.gle/emRaAxv9n4wxHV7U6.
If you have any questions, please contact your GA-AMCP SAB Co-Chairs Michelle Aslami, PharmD and Monee’ Bell, PharmD at GAAMCP.SAB@gmail.com.
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/groups/7022414
Twitter - @gaamcp
For more information, please contact GAAMCP@gmail.com.
Join Our List: Affiliate information is automatically sent to any AMCP member who resides in an affiliate state or region. If you are a current AMCP member who lives outside an area covered by an affiliate and want to be added to an affiliate roster, please click this link to subscribe to their list.
Jerry Dubberly, Ann Duke, Chamelda Gray, Becky Hamilton, Bill Hopkins, Sharon Montgomery, Shobhna Butler, Mary Cooper, Marjan Massoudi, Beth Holland, Kenan Smith and Adrian Washington