Exclusive AMCP Member Benefits
No matter where you are in your career, AMCP offers a wide range of tools, professional development, and volunteer opportunities exclusive to members that will take your career to the next level.
- The AMCP Learn catalog includes 102 self-paced programs offering over 83 hours of Continuing Education credit:
- Over 45 programs free to members — a $1,320 value.
- Almost 60 programs discounted for members — a $870 savings.
- More than 80 free member-only AMCP webinars per year on managed care issues and best practices — a $717 value.
- A free quarterly webinar for AMCP members only on key legislative and policy issues.
- Certification course discounts:
- AMCP eLearning Days: Two days of virtual learning and CPE — free to members. A $360 value.
- Medication Use Quality continuing education program in partnership with Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA): 15 accredited CE hours. AMCP members receive a 50% discount of $225.
- AMCP Summits: AMCP Summits occur twice a year and focus on issues that its members have indicated are some of the most pressing concerns affecting managed care pharmacy. By addressing these issues head-on, AMCP endeavors to create impact and lasting change that will improve patient care across the country. 2022 topics included "Perspectives on Value-Based Arrangements & Assessments" and "Addressing Health Disparities." The recordings are available at any time on AMCPLearn. All free to members. A $250 value.
Health Care Decision-Maker Tools
- AMCP Drug Product Pipeline: AMCP and Apperture present the latest innovation in providing access and insight into the formulary decision-making process. This exclusive member-only tool is designed to alleviate the workloads of pharmacy benefit managers and health care decision makers, the Pipeline aggregates data from government databases as well as other publicly available sources to provide a one-stop portal featuring the next generation of pharmaceuticals.
- AMCP eDossier: AMCP partners with FormularyDecisions to enhance information sharing and the field of formulary decision-making by creating a platform for current, credible, and compliant information exchange between life science companies and active, qualified health care decision makers.
- Value-Based Purchasing Lexicon: AMCP has developed unified language for discussing and designing value-based contacts across payers, provider systems, and manufacturers. AMCP members have exclusive access to an overview presentation of the lexicon.
- AMCP Affiliates: Grow your local network by becoming active with others in your area who work in managed care pharmacy. Affiliates provide a much-needed forum for networking, education, and outreach to local pharmacists and other health care professionals.
- AMCP National Meetings: Members receive substantial discounts on registration for AMCP’s spring Annual Meeting and AMCP Nexus each fall. Each event draws thousands of the nation’s top managed care pharmacy leaders and features renowned keynote speakers, an array of cutting-edge educational sessions, extensive networking opportunities, and an exhibit hall of companies and organizations showcasing their latest innovations and services.
- AMCP Member Directory: Gain access to like-minded colleagues and peers to increase your network and build partnerships.
- AMCP Collaborate: Tap into the collective expertise of other members through AMCP’s member-only online community.
Volunteer Leadership Development
AMCP offers members numerous volunteer opportunities that grow leadership skills and fit members’ busy schedules:
- 230 volunteer roles on national boards, task forces, and committees.
- 76 volunteer roles for local and regional affiliates.
- 350+ JMCP peer reviewers for leading managed care pharmacy journal.
- 200 student pharmacist mentor opportunities during national meetings.
- 150 State Advocacy Leader positions.
- 160 volunteer Diplomats, AMCP members who serve as a managed care resource for student pharmacists or faculty at a school/college of pharmacy.
- 400 student pharmacist chapter member leadership opportunities.
AMCP has negotiated discounts on graduate online programs for the working professional. Opportunities include:
University of Florida College of Pharmacy: Save 50% off your first and last course.
Jefferson School of Population Health: Save 15% on tuition.
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy: Save 25% off your first and last course.
AMCP Awards and Fellow Program
- AMCP Awards: Annually, AMCP confers awards to recognize those who have made significant contributions to the profession of managed care pharmacy and to AMCP. Award recipients are publicly recognized at the spring meeting.
- AMCP Fellow Program: Recognizes exceptional contributions to AMCP, sustained excellence in the pharmacy profession, and promotes awareness throughout the medical community of pharmacists who have distinguished themselves in the profession of managed care pharmacy.
Publications and Newsletters
AMCP Daily Dose®
Every morning, members receive their favorite AMCP benefit — an email with curated news stories from credible outlets keeping them up to date on the latest news impacting managed care pharmacy. On Saturdays, AMCP sends a special COVID-19 Daily Dose® with a round-up of the week’s key news. A $200 value.
AMCP News & Views
Members stay abreast of the latest AMCP news, events, advocacy efforts, affiliate news, and education opportunities via this monthly e-newsletter. A $50 value.
AMCP Legislative & Regulatory Briefing Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on recent legislative and regulatory developments and actions that AMCP has taken on behalf of members in this monthly e-newsletter. Each edition includes links to letters and comments AMCP has sent to federal agencies and lawmakers outlining managed care pharmacy’s stance on crucial issues. A $50 value.
AMCP Regulatory NewsBREAKS
These are released to member inboxes in response to newly enacted regulations or newly issued sub-regulatory guidance. A $200 value
AMCP Practice NewsBREAKS
These are sent to members in response to noteworthy practice or managed care news and will highlight AMCP resources to help you navigate those changes.