Fellow (FAMCP) Program
The AMCP Fellow Program is established for the benefit of all AMCP members and is intended to serve the following purposes:
1. To grant recognition for exceptional contributions to AMCP, long-term commitment, and active participation;
2. To recognize sustained excellence in the pharmacy profession; and
3. To promote awareness throughout the medical community of pharmacists who have distinguished themselves in the profession of managed care pharmacy.
The candidate must:
- Been an Active (formerly Pharmacist or Health Care Practitioner Member) member of AMCP for eight years and demonstrated sustained service to the organization.
- Be a member in good standing.
- Served as a Committee Chair, AMCP Elected officer for one completed term, or as a committee member on two or more committees for a minimum of five years.
- Presented at an AMCP educational program or an AMCP national conference as an invited or accepted speaker in a platform presentation, round table discussion, poster presentation, or partnership briefing. Note: Speaking at a Satellite Symposium will not be considered.
Members of the FAMCP Selection Committee or the Board of Directors at the time of their term in office are not eligible to apply for Fellow status.
Candidates must complete the Fellow application which assists in demonstrating their service to the profession and AMCP. Three references that attest to the candidate’s contributions to AMCP and the practice of the managed care pharmacy profession are required. Candidates also have the option of submitting a 500-word essay.
It is permissible for an individual to submit an application on behalf of a colleague.
The recipient(s) are selected by the FAMCP Selection Committee comprised of one AMCP Board member and six AMCP Fellow recipients. In the event the FAMCP Selection Committee fails to grant Fellow status to a candidate, the individual may appeal the decision of the Committee to an Appeal Board on the grounds that the decision of the Committee was arbitrary, prejudiced, biased or capricious. Candidates must notify the VP of Membership & Meetings in writing and clearly state on what grounds the appeal is being made based on the data in the application. The applicant may not introduce new facts or expand the application before the Appeal Board hearing. Upon the receipt of an appeal, an Appeal Board will be formed with the approval of the Officers of the AMCP Board of Directors. The Appeal Board shall consist of one member of the AMCP Board of Directors and two current Fellows, neither shall have served on the original FAMCP Selection Committee. One Fellow shall be named by the applicant and one by the AMCP President.
Members of the Appeal Board will make the decision on the appeal within 90 days of the appeal. The decision of the Appeal Board shall be final and binding on both the appellant and AMCP.
NATURE OF AWARD:
Approved Fellows of AMCP (FAMCP) will be conferred at the AMCP Annual Meeting. Fellows receive a plaque, a complimentary registration to the AMCP Annual Meeting , an FAMCP pin and can use FAMCP as a credential as long as they are an AMCP member in good standing.
|Vimal Vangala Reddy|
|2022||James R. Hopsicker|
|Manjula D. Jayabalan|
|Martin P. Mattei|
|Ann M. Schuster|
|Vinson C. Lee|
|2014||Steven G. Avey|
|Diana I. Brixner|
|Babette S. Edgar|
|William K. Fleming|
|Matthew P. Mitchell|
|2013||Daniel C. Malone|
|2010||Richard A. Zabinski|
|2009||Dianne A. Kane Parker|
|2008||Cynthia J. Pigg|
|H. Eric Cannon|
|C.E. (Gene) Reeder|
|2006||Bruce B. Fallik|
|Kjel A. Johnson|
|John D. Jones|
|Jay M. Messeroff|
|Lowell T. Sterler|