The call for Board applications has closed.
Check back here on October 9, 2020, for information on the slate of candidates.
The Board of Directors establishes AMCP’s direction on a wide range of issues, including policy, legislative and regulatory positions, membership initiatives, and strategic planning. The Board also sets priorities and focuses resources that help guide AMCP’s volunteer committees and taskforces.
AMCP’s Board is comprised of a President, President-Elect, Past President, Treasurer, and five directors. Directors have staggered terms to provide consistency.
Learn more about our 2020-21 AMCP Board of Directors.
Requirements for Board of Directors and Officers
Candidates for the elected positions of President-elect, Treasurer, and Directors should, at a minimum, possess the following competencies:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of and ability to articulate issues facing managed care pharmacy and their impact on a national level.
- Has held leadership roles within managed care pharmacy or other health care organizations.
- Demonstrated volunteer engagement with AMCP.
- Willingness to develop leadership attributes in others to promote AMCP volunteer service and future AMCP Board members.
- Capacity to provide innovative thinking and make new ideas possible for AMCP’s organizational growth and development.
- Experience with the development of strategic plans within AMCP or other organizations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders who are committed to advancing AMCP’s mission.
- Willing to promote positive teamwork and cooperation within the Board and staff.
- Willing to promote inclusiveness, diversity of ideas, and achievement of mutual goals.
Governance and Fiduciary Steward
- Encourages adoption of best practices in governing AMCP.
- Willingness to uphold AMCP Bylaws, policies, and procedures.
- Reputation for high ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Commitment to monitoring and protecting AMCP’s assets and promote the responsible use of and allocation of AMCP’s resources.
- Understanding of organizational budgeting processes and how to read and interpret financial statements.
All Active Members (defined as Pharmacists, Physicians, Nurses and Physician Assistants) are eligible to stand election for the office of Treasurer and Director of the AMCP Board. Only Pharmacists are eligible to stand election for the office of President-elect.
AMCP Board terms start at the completion of the AMCP’s annual meeting each spring and run through the following annual meeting. The President-elect serves for a total of three years - first as President-elect, next as President, and finally as Immediate Past President. The Treasurer and Directors serve for two years.