Application submission for the AMCP Board elections has closed. Visit www.amcp.org/election on October 10, 2019, for information on the slate of candidates. Please plan to attend the Meet the Candidates event on October 31, 2019, at AMCP Nexus, National Harbor, MD. For more information on AMCP Nexus visit www.amcpmeetings.org.
The AMCP Board of Directors establishes the Academy’s direction on a wide range of issues, including policy, legislative and regulatory positions, membership initiatives and strategic planning. The Board also sets priorities and focuses resources that help guide the Academy’s volunteer committees and taskforces.
The Board is comprised of a President, President-Elect, Past President, Treasurer and five directors. Directors have staggered terms to the board to provide consistency.
Learn more about our 2019-2020 AMCP Board of Directors.
Requirements for Board of Directors and Officers
Candidates for the elected positions of Director and President-Elect should, at a minimum, possess the following characteristics:
- Leadership ability
- Active involvement in AMCP
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Understanding of the association process and sincere, demonstrated interest in organizational work
- Ability to uphold the AMCP Bylaws and policies and procedures
- Good communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit the time required of the position
- Adherence to high ethical standards
- Ability to recognize activities or subject matter that may present a conflict of interest and understanding of the process to declare the conflict
- Ability to support majority decisions and compromise when needed
- Ability to understand the impact of issues on a national level
- Candidates for Director must be Active Members in good standing. Candidates for President-Elect Pharmacist Active Members in good standing.
AMCP Board terms start at the completion of the AMCP Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting each spring and run through the following Annual Meeting.