Can We Better Manage COPD Populations Using Real-World Data?
Science & Innovation Webinar
Webinar Recorded on Oct. 6, 2021
Sponsored by GSK
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a preventable and treatable disease. Exacerbations are a burden to the patient and health system and should drive treatment re-evaluation, following recommendations from GOLD as well as COPD Foundation. Additional considerations from real-world data may help in appropriate evaluation and interventional program development.
This presentation reviews real-world data related to the impact of comorbidities, including:
- Increased comorbid risks due to oral corticosteroid use
- Polypharmacy and resulting treatment complexity, and
- Benefits of medication synchronization.
In addition, the presentation provides an overview of current tools for assessment and management. By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Review COPD guidelines and burden of disease
- Understand the different factors contributing to burden, and
- Discuss approaches for improving management.
- Ron Balkissoon, MD, MSc, FRCPC
National Jewish Health
- Michael Bogart, PharmD
Value Evidence & Outcomes
This webinar is sponsored, developed and presented by the sponsor. The content of this Science & Innovation Theater Webinar and opinions expressed by the presenters are those of the sponsor or presenters and not of AMCP.