AMCP Graduation Cords
To acknowledge and reward the exceptional leaders within our Student Chapters, AMCP will now be offering active student members AMCP Graduation Cords!
Starting with the Class of 2019, we will ask that either the Chapter Advisor, Diplomat, or Chapter President collect the graduation cords from the AMCP Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting. The 2019 meeting will be held in sunny San Diego from March 25-28. If a representative from your chapter is unable to attend the Annual Meeting, we will mail out the cords after the meeting, towards the end of April.
AMCP has set the criteria below to determine who will be eligible to receive an AMCP graduation cord. Chapter advisors and/or Diplomats will be responsible for determining which student members meet the criteria and submitting the order to AMCP. Submissions will be due by March 1, 2019 to ensure delivery prior to graduation.
AMCP Graduation Cord Requirements
*At the time of the request, the student member should be an active member of AMCP and graduating that same academic year (stating if you were graduating in 2020, you couldn’t receive graduation cords in the year of 2019).
I. Automatic qualification: A student pharmacist will receive a graduation cord if one of the following is met.
- Serve as a member of the Student Pharmacist Committee
- Serve as an executive officer of an AMCP student chapter
- Completion of an AMCP Foundation summer internship
- Recipient of the AMCP Chapter Member of the Year Award
- National Finalist in the AMCP Foundation P&T Competition
- Winner of the AMCP Foundation Best Poster Award
II. Contingent qualification(s): A student pharmacist will receive a graduation cord if he/she meets at least 2 requirements below and at the discretion of the Chapter Advisor and/or Diplomat(s).
- Participation in the AMCP Foundation P&T Competition
- Attendance at ≥1 AMCP national meetings
- Presentation of a poster at an AMCP National Meeting
- Completion of an AMCP APPE rotation
- Active student member of AMCP for at least two years
- Demonstrated leadership as a student member of AMCP
- Donation to AMCP Foundation 1990 Club
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com for any questions.