AMCP and AMCP Foundation Present Awards to Managed Care Pharmacy’s Best at AMCP 2021
Alexandria, VA, April 15, 2021 — The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) and AMCP Foundation recognized a group of leaders who have contributed significantly to the profession of managed care pharmacy in a special session during AMCP 2021. There were ten awards presented during the April 15, 2021 session.
The profession's highest honor is embodied in the AMCP Foundation Steven G. Avey Award, which recognizes sustained, exemplary and distinguished service to managed care pharmacy. Receiving the award this year is Babette S. Edgar, PharmD, MBA, FAMCP, Area Senior Vice President at BluePeak Advisors.
Other award winners recognized at AMCP 2021 are:
- Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP) Award for Excellence: Racial/Ethnic and Gender Disparities in the Use of Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents and Blood Transfusions: Cancer Management Under Medicare’s Reimbursement Policy by Minghui Li, PhD; Richard Schulz, PhD; Marie Chisholm-Burns, PharmD; Junling Wang, PhD; and Z. Kevin Lu, PhD
- Experiential Education Preceptor Award: Jeff Larson, RPh, MS, MBA
- Managed Care Pharmacy Residency Director/Preceptor Award: Alexandra Lin, PharmD
- New Practitioner Award: Kassie Herbst, PharmD
- Grassroots Advocacy Award: William H. Francis, MBA, RPh
- Diplomat of the Year: Lauren Megargell, PharmD
- Individual Contribution Award: Jenny H. Kang, PharmD
- Spirit of Volunteerism Award: Sean Chitwood, PharmD
- Distinguished Service Award: Babette S. Edgar, PharmD, MBA, FAMCP; and Mitzi Wasik, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FCCP, FAMCP
Along with the award winners, AMCP announced its new Fellows of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy. The 2021 inductees are Curtis Wander, PharmD; BCPS, Martin P. Mattei, PharmD; Kimberly Lenz, PharmD; Deb Curry, PharmD; Ann M. Schuster, PharmD.
“During a year that challenged everyone in managed care pharmacy, these outstanding individuals showcased the best our profession has to offer,” said AMCP CEO Susan A. Cantrell, RPh, CAE. “The 2021 winners are thought leaders, innovators, and trailblazers who have worked to redefine what individuals can do within managed care pharmacy and the impact it can have throughout our nation.”
For more information on the 2021 AMCP Awards, please visit amcp.org/awards.
AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. AMCP’s diverse membership of pharmacists, physicians, nurses, biopharmaceutical professionals, and other stakeholders leverage their specialized expertise in clinical evidence and economics to optimize medication benefit design and population health management and help patients access cost-effective and safe medications and other drug therapies. AMCP members improve the lives of nearly 300 million Americans served by private and public health plans, pharmacy benefit management firms, and emerging care models. Visit www.amcp.org.
About AMCP Foundation
Established in 1990, the 501(c)3 nonprofit AMCP Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP). It exists to advance the collective knowledge and insights on major issues associated with the practice of pharmacy in managed care health care settings. By facilitating innovative research initiatives and providing educational opportunities to learn about managed care pharmacy, the AMCP Foundation invests in the future of managed care. Visit www.amcpfoundation.org.