Below are some of the many resources that AMCP provides to assist members in staying at the forefront of the managed care pharmacy profession.
- AMCP Format for Formulary Submissions
The AMCP Format for Formulary Submissions is a set of guidelines, a template that drug companies can use to prepare submissions of new and existing pharmaceuticals for a health system's Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee.
- AMCP Model Audit Guidelines for Pharmacy Claims
The auditing of pharmacy claims serves two main purposes: 1) detecting fraud, waste and abuse, and 2) validating data entry and documentation to ensure they meet regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Careers for Pharmacists in Managed Health Care Organizations
Provides information and insight for careers in managed care pharmacy.
- Common Practices in Formulary Management
Common Practices in Formulary Management.
- Comparative Effectiveness Research: Glossary of Terms (August 2011)
The purpose of this glossary is to define or describe terminology used in comparative clinical effectiveness research for managed care pharmacy professionals.
- Effect of Managed Care Pharmacy Tools: An Annotated Bibliography
An Annotated Bibliography of Managed Care Pharmacy Interventions Revised Bibliography.
- Effect of Managed Care Pharmacy Tools: An Annotated Bibliography: Literature Summary Tables
Effect of Managed Care Pharmacy Tools: A Review of the Literature Summary Tables May 5, 2010.
- Managed Care Pharmacy Brochure
Pharmacy best practices that provide quality care to patients and cost-effective coverage for patients, payers, employers, and government.
- Pharmaceutical Payment Methods
Comprehensive, factual description and analysis of alternative drug payment methods and benchmarks.
- Pharmacists as Vital Members of Accountable Care Organizations
Publication illustrates the important roles that pharmacists play on ACO health care teams.
- Policy Digest
The short statements included in this Digest are intended to be part of an ongoing process that documents AMCP's position on professional practice issues.
- Potential Cost Impacts Resulting from CMS Guidance on Special Protections
Survey of potential costs resulting from CMS Guidance on “Special Protections for Six Protected Drug Classifications” and Section 176 of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008.
- Principles of a Sound Drug Formulary System
Principles of a Sound Drug Formulary System, October 2000.
- Principles of a Sound Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program
Spurred by the Medicare Modernization Act’s (MMA’s) inclusion of a medication therapy management (MTM) requirement, AMCP and other organizations set out to define what specific elements constitute a sound MTM program.
- Roadmap to a Career in Managed Care Pharmacy
A student pharmacists guide to careers in managed care pharmacy.
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home: How Does Managed Care Pharmacy Add Value?
Managed care pharmacy can be a vital partner in the success of the patient-centered medical home.