Pharmaceutical Payment Methods
Over the past few years, Congress, federal agencies and many state governments have undertaken efforts to reform the methods used to pay for prescription medications in governmental programs. The implementation of new payment methods are certain to have far-reaching consequences in influencing public and private sector pharmacy benefit programs and the various stakeholders operating within the pharmaceutical marketplace.
The Academy’s Board recognized a need to strengthen the organization’s expertise regarding pharmaceutical payment methods in order to more effectively assess proposed modifications to current payment systems. AMCP has developed informational resources for Academy members to achieve these aims:
- AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods, 2013 Update (Version 3.0)
- AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods, 2009 Update (Version 2.0)
- AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods, 2009 Update (Version 2.0) - Executive Summary
- The AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods - 2007 Executive Edition
- The AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods - 2007 Comprehensive Edition