Health Care Actuaries: Who Are They and How Do They Influence Payer Decision Making?
An AMCP and Optum® Advisory Services Training Program
Brand and payer marketers, account executives, field and HQ-based HEOR leads, and payer medical leads
The pharmacy ecosystem is changing at an unprecedented rate. Because of this, financial risks and opportunities are great. Life science companies continue to innovate novel drug therapies, especially within the specialty drug space. Payers rely on actuaries to understand and incorporate the impact of these therapies into insurance product prices. Stakeholders must navigate the complex operational, regulatory, and fiscal pharmacy environment.
- Gain a foundational understanding of the role of an actuary in a health plan, and specifically in benefit and coverage decisions.
- Engage in developing actuarial assumptions, modeling and quantitative and qualitative measurement of a market disruption for a mock drug.
- Explore the Medicare Part D ecosystem and how this impacts a payers expectations during the Medicare Part D bid process.
- Jim Davidson, PharmD, MBA Senior Director Optum Pharmacy Advisory Services
- Jason Fehr Senior Director Optum Pharmacy Advisory Services
- Karl J. Gregor, PharmD, MS Vice President, Practice Leader Optum Pharmacy Advisory Services
- Sanjit Puri, MD, ASA, MAAA Senior Director Optum Advisory Services
- Ian Smith, FSA, MAAA Actuarial Manager Optum Pharmacy Advisory Services
Optum® Advisory Services specializes in helping health care leaders address their biggest challenges with insights and strategies to assert control over their organization’s future. Our diverse capabilities and real-world experience help hardwire meaningful results.
About AMCP Corporate Training
AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. Creating real-world, relevant training for life science companies, we build your health care business acumen so you can step out in confidence, equipped for customer engagements that drive positive patient outcomes. We’ve shaped our learning forums to connect you with thought leaders and experts. This, plus AMCP tools and resources, fast-tracks you to what’s relevant and keeps you informed about the newest insights. We’ll help you learn about the health care reforms that are most meaningful to you, your account teams and your clients – guiding you to customer-targeted solutions.
For questions on the corporate training program, please email View Email Address.