Satellite Symposia Toolkit and Guidelines
Please note that information will be updated as it becomes available for AMCP 2020.
Apply for a Satellite Symposia
The Satellite Symposia Contract Application must be completed in its entirety online by following the instructions on this page. If said Contract Application is accepted by AMCP, it shall become binding upon both AMCP and the medical education company with respect to the assigned time slot and the use thereof and all other matters included in the online Satellite Symposia Guidelines. Any point not specifically covered in these rules is subject to the decision of AMCP, whose decision shall be final. Only fully funded symposia will be accepted with proof of funding (e.g., email confirmation, letter of agreement).
Symposia will have an assigned room at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Satellite Symposia slot assignments will be made based on the order of application receipt, slot availability, and content. If another organization has proposed a very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned their alternate date and time slot selection. Slot assignment confirmations will not be emailed until each time slot is filled.
Room Set-up and Size
AMCP has final discretion on all room sets and the room set cannot be changed. Symposia rooms will be set to accommodate 150 attendees in classroom-style seating. Rope stanchions will be available for your convenience to assist with registration check-in.
Symposia may be conducted Tuesday, April 21 through Friday, April 24 during times that do not conflict with AMCP programming and exhibits. AMCP reserves the right to change the dates and times of accepted symposia. Available dates and times are listed on the online application page.
The cost of a satellite symposium is $17,500. Full payment must be submitted with the online application using a credit card.
Your symposium will have:
- An assigned meeting room at the George R. Brown Convention Center with classroom-style seating to accommodate 150 attendees. One (1) six (6) foot table with two (2) chairs outside of the room and rope and stanchion for registration check-in
- Two (2) complimentary session trackers.
Satellite Symposia Attendance
Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care and well-timed are likely to attract the largest attendance. Total attendance at AMCP 2020 is approximately 4,000 attendees. Note: Be aware that pre-registration counts are not indicative of your total anticipated attendance. Do not base your final food guarantees on pre-registration figures only. Many attendees wait until right before the meeting or when they arrive at the meeting to decide upon the symposia they wish to attend. Therefore, it is important that you be prepared to accept attendees on-site. Attendance by any given symposium is a function of that symposium and not the responsibility of AMCP. AMCP will not refund the symposia fee based on attendance. *AMCP makes reasonable attempts to attract quality attendees to AMCP 2020 but does not guarantee a specific volume, level of qualification or overall attendance.
All commercially supported symposia must offer ACPE-approved continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit. It is the responsibility of the organization planning and conducting the activity to arrange for an ACPE-accredited provider to serve as the provider. AMCP will not assume responsibility for CPE credit for a commercially supported symposium. A commercially supported symposium must be conducted in accordance with the ACPE Criteria for Quality and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
Satellite Symposia Audio Visual (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
AMCP contracts with Freeman Audio Visual as its exclusive supplier of all Audio-Visual services. Note that AMCP requires all symposia to utilize its "standard AV room set” (LCD projector, screen, WIFI, podium, and table mics) to maintain the consistency of quality and presentation. Expenses for AV set are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company coordinating the industry supported satellite symposium and are not included in the satellite symposia fee that is paid to AMCP. Please contact Bob Harms with Freeman Audio Visual for current pricing information.
Audio Visual Contact Information
Freeman Audio Visual
Internet Fee for Webcast/Simulcast (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
If you elect to purchase a higher speed internet access to webcast your satellite symposium, you will be responsible for those additional internet charges from the venue.
Satellite Symposia Food & Beverage (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
All satellite symposia are encouraged to provide a food function; however, it is not required. Organizers may consult directly with the venue once meeting space has been assigned. You will have access to your assigned room one hour before your scheduled symposium. Please be aware that your symposium, including the food & beverage function, may not exceed the scheduled time frames. Alcohol is prohibited from being served before or during an educational activity. Catering Contact Information for AMCP 2020 coming soon, please continue to monitor this page for updates.
All speakers and moderators for commercially supported events must be registered for AMCP 2020 and wearing their AMCP 2020 meeting badges. The organization coordinating the commercially supported event is responsible for ensuring that all speakers and moderators are registered in advance of the session. A one-day meeting registration rate is available. Members of the organizer’s staff who are staffing the symposium activity and not attending any other portion of the meeting are not required to be registered for AMCP 2020.
Signage and Rules (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
All promotional materials must be reviewed and approved by AMCP before being published or disseminated. There will be a 48-hour turnaround time for this process. Please factor this requirement into your production timeline.
Three (3) signs allowed ONLY:
- One (1) professionally produced the sign, maybe displayed outside your assigned room.
- One (1) professionally produced directional sign in the hall leading to the symposium activity site.
- One (1) professionally produced the sign, to be displayed on a marquee board at the registration area. This sign may not exceed 22” X 28”.
AMCP Promotion (included in the satellite symposium fee)
Promotion to all registered meeting attendees via the following promotions:
- Featured one-time in the Attendee Newsletter emailed to all registered meeting attendees four (4) weeks leading up to the meeting (one each week).
- Featured one-time in AMCP’s Daily Dose: AMCP’s members automatically receive the exclusive members-only Daily Dose delivered via email each weekday morning.
- AMCP’s social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Specific program listing on the meeting website, with a link to your event registration page. Satellite symposia may not charge a separate registration fee (i.e., a fee over and above the registration fee paid to attend the AMCP meeting).
- Listing in the Program and Event Guide distributed to all registered attendees.
- Listing in the AMCP meeting App.
Additional Promotional Opportunities (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
Mailing list Rental
The pre-conference list, available starting Wednesday, February 19, 2020, contains approximately 2,000 names. The post-conference list contains approximately 4,000 pharmacists and pharmacy professionals who attended AMCP 2020 and gives you the ability to reach your target market by job title, company, or region.
The renting organization must be an official meeting participant (exhibitor, sponsor, satellite symposia, Science and Innovation theater or Iindustry Workshop provider). Rental lists are provided for direct mail purposes only; emails and phone numbers are not included.
The list is limited to one-time use and a sample piece must be approved by AMCP in advance. Payments must be received before the list is provided. Contact Laura Larson, Assistant Director of National Meetings Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the mail list rental.
AMCP’s door drop fee is $1,000 for each drop and does not include hotel fees. AMCP-contracted hotels will require a copy of the approval memo from AMCP to process arrangements for the door drop. Hotel pricing for the distribution range from $1.50-$5.00 per piece/per door. The final cost is determined by the individual hotel property and those billing arrangements must be made directly between the company and the hotel. Contact Julian Greer, Senior Manager, Meetings and Forums at email@example.com with questions regarding door drops.
Tote Bag Inserts
The price for a tote bag insert is $7,500 for AMCP 2020. This opportunity puts your materials in the hands of every attendee. A limited number of bag inserts are permitted, so reserve your place early. The artwork is subject to AMCP approval. To place materials in the Attendee Tote Bags you must be an exhibitor, sponsor, satellite, theater or industry workshop provider. Contact Laura Larson, Assistant Director of National Meetings Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding tote bag inserts.
Advertise in the Program and Event Guide: (All ad pricing represents 4-color ad copy)
To advertise in the Program and Event Guide you must be an exhibitor, sponsor, confirmed satellite symposia or affiliated with an AMCP approved meeting. For current pricing information contact Laura Larson, Assistant Director of National Meetings Sales at email@example.com.
Shipping of Satellite Symposia Materials
The shipping of materials and storage are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company presenting the non-commercial industry-supported symposium activity. For symposia hosted on Tuesday, April 21, materials must be shipped directly to their attention at their hotel. All other satellites will ship materials to the venue through Freeman advance shipping (specific labels for satellites to be provided). Symposia managers will pick-up a wrist band at the registration desk to enter the Expo Hall to pick-up materials during Expo Hall open hours at the Freeman service. Please contact Christine Hennessey with Freeman for pricing information.
Christine Hennessey, Freeman, Christine.Hennessey@freemanco.com or call 508-894-5067
Satellite Symposium Application Submission Checklist
- Desired time slot (date/time)—indicate first, second, and third choices. (Date and time assignments based on the order of application receipt, slot availability, and content. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.
- Satellite Symposium fee is due with the application along with proof of grant funding (grant funding emailed on the separate cover to Maria Miranda, Senior Coordinator, Education at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Satellite symposium title—should appear in upper case and lower-case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
- Program description —a comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
- Learning objectives— include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to….”
- Target audience—please specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
- Name of ACPE-accredited provider that will award CPE credit for the symposium.
- Contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
- Name of accredited providers of CME and CNE credit (if applicable).
- Source(s) of commercial grant support.
- Detailed program agenda (with time allotments).
- List of confirmed/invited faculty (e.g., full name, academic degrees, job title, work affiliation/company, city and State).
- Biographical sketch—one paragraph summarizing the qualifications of each confirmed/invited faculty member. Please do not submit complete CVs
- Who will be the primary contact and program manager for the activity?
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria
- Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide enough information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation. Note that all information requested on the Submission Checklist must be supplied.
- Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care and time are likely to attract the largest attendance.
- The originality of the subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
- Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Fee Refund Policy for Cancellation by the Satellite Symposium
Cancellation by a medical education company must be submitted in writing to Maria Miranda, Senior Coordinator, Education at email@example.com. Medical Education Companies canceling a symposium are eligible for a refund, as follows:
- Cancellation before 5:00 pm ET January 2, 2020: 50% refund of total symposia fee.
- Cancellation after 5:00 pm ET January 2, 2020: AMCP will retain the full price of the symposia fee as liquidated damages.
Note: Any fees remitted to AMCP for symposia cancellation may not be forwarded nor transferred to another national meeting, attendee registration, or any other purpose.
Enduring Activity Option
AMCP offers the following option for repurposing your satellite symposium as a supplement to the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. Supplements may be online only or online + print (accompanying an issue of JMCP).
Questions? Please visit http://www.jmcp.org/.
Maria Miranda, Senior Coordinator, Education at 703- 684-2644 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.