Satellite Symposia - AMCP Nexus 2020 Guidelines
We recognize that COVID-19 is impacting the entire world. We understand the effect the crisis is having on the managed care pharmacy community, personally and professionally. We appreciate you being an important part of the managed care and AMCP community. Together, we will get through this.
We continue to plan and look forward to AMCP Nexus 2020 from Oct. 20-23 at MGM in Las Vegas. AMCP is working closely with Las Vegas officials and reviewing the latest guidance from public health authorities and will adjust accordingly if needed.
Today’s health care climate spurs innovation. Share your thought leadership with nearly 2,500 managed care pharmacists and health care professionals who are expected to attend AMCP Nexus 2020 and eager to advance their professional learning alongside peers and experts.
AMCP is modifying the individual cancellation policy for AMCP Nexus 2020 to allow for full refunds regardless of the date of cancellation for reasons directly related to COVID-19.
Satellite Symposia will have an assigned room at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas.
Please note that due to the cancellation of AMCP 2020 in April, we are transferring select satellite symposia to AMCP Nexus 2020. Therefore, this call for satellite symposia is more focused and the number of acceptances is limited. AMCP reserves the right to review all proposals and accept or reject them to ensure we are providing diversity in our educational programming.
The cost of a satellite symposium is $17,500. Full payment must be submitted with the online application using a credit card or check.
Your symposium will have:
- An assigned meeting room at the MGM Grand with classroom-style seating to accommodate 150 attendees.
- One (1) six (6) foot table with two (2) chairs outside of the room and rope and stanchion for registration check-in.
- Two (2) complimentary session trackers.
- Promotion of satellite programs (for additional details, see “promotion” section below).
Not included in your satellite fee:
- Standard AV set (screen, monitor, WIFI, podium and table mics). This set is automatically provided by AMCP in each symposia meeting room; this standard set, and any AV above and beyond, is at the cost of each satellite host.
- Internet Fee for Webcast/Simulcast
- Food & Beverage
- Nexus 2020 registration fees for faculty
Satellite Symposia Attendance
Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care and timely are likely to attract the largest attendance. Total attendance at Nexus 2020 is approximately 2,500 attendees. Note: Be aware that pre-registration counts are not indicative of your total anticipated attendance. Do not base your final food guarantees on pre-registration figures only. Many attendees wait until right before the meeting or when they arrive at the meeting to decide upon the symposia they wish to attend. Therefore, you must be prepared to accept attendees on-site.
Attendance by any given symposium is a function of that symposium and not the responsibility of AMCP. AMCP will not refund the symposium fee based on attendance. AMCP makes reasonable attempts to attract quality attendees to Nexus 2020 but does not guarantee a specific volume, level of qualification or overall attendance. Satellite symposia can invite locals with no registration required to attend the Nexus 2020 meeting.
All commercially supported symposia must offer ACPE-approved continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit. It is the responsibility of the organization planning and conducting the activity to arrange for an ACPE-accredited provider to serve as the provider. AMCP will not assume responsibility for CPE credit for a commercially supported symposium. A commercially supported symposium must be conducted following the ACPE Criteria for Quality and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
Satellite Symposia Audio Visual (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
Satellite Symposia Audio Visual AMCP contracts with Freeman Audio Visual as its exclusive supplier of all Audio-Visual services. Expenses for the provided standard AV set (listed above under “not included in your satellite fee”) are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company coordinating the industry supported satellite symposium and – though automatically provided by AMCP - are not included in the satellite symposia fee that is paid to AMCP. Please contact Bob Harms with Freeman Audio Visual for current pricing information.
Audio Visual Contact Information
Freeman Audio Visual
Internet Fee for Webcast/Simulcast
If you elect to purchase a higher speed internet access to webcast your satellite symposium, you will be responsible for those additional internet charges from the venue.
Satellite Symposia Food & Beverage
All satellite symposia are encouraged to provide a food function; however, it is not required. Organizers may consult directly with the venue once meeting space has been assigned. You will have access to your assigned room one hour before your scheduled symposium. Please be aware that your symposium, including the food & beverage function, may not exceed the scheduled time frames. Alcohol is prohibited from being served before or during an educational activity. Linen fees are not included in the satellite symposia fee that is paid to AMCP. You will be responsible for all fees incurred from the MGM Grand convention center. You are responsible for removing all materials from the session room and under the registration tables outside the session room at the conclusion of your symposium activity.
Catering Contact Information
Senior Convention Services Manager
Members of the organizer’s staff who are staffing the symposium activity and not attending any other portion of the meeting are not required to be registered for Nexus 2020.
For staff housing only do the following:
- Visit https://registration.experientevent.com/showAMC201 and click on “Register & Reserve Housing Online”
- Select “Attendee Registration and Housing” and then on “Not Yet Registered” or “Already Registered”
- Click Registration (Get Started).
- Click Profile Search and enter first initial and last name then click search If not found “Continue as Non-Member”.
- Set password (optional),enter the Registration Code SATEL201, and click “Apply Code”. From there, you can complete the rest of the steps.
For Speakers and Moderators
All speakers and moderators for commercially supported events must be registered for Nexus 2020 and wearing their Nexus 2020 meeting badges. The organization coordinating the commercially supported event is responsible for ensuring that all speakers and moderators are registered in advance of the session. A one-day meeting registration rate is available.
Signage and Rules
All promotional materials must be reviewed and approved by AMCP before being published or disseminated. There will be a 48-hour turnaround time for this process. Please factor this requirement into your production timeline.
Three (3) signs allowed ONLY:
- One (1) professionally produced sign displayed outside your assigned room. This sign can be any size of your choosing.
- One (1) professionally produced directional sign in the hall leading to the symposium meeting room. This sign may not exceed 22” X 28”
- One (1) professionally produced sign to be displayed on a marquee board at the registration area. This sign may not exceed 22” X 28”.
AMCP will promote satellite symposia collectively — not individually — through the following channels:
- One time (1) in the Attendee Newsletter emailed to all registered meeting attendees four (4) weeks leading up to the meeting (one each week).
- One time (1) in News & Views, the monthly e-newsletter sent to AMCP members.
- Specific program listing on the meeting website, with a link to your event registration page. Satellite symposia may not charge a separate registration fee (i.e., a fee over and above the registration fee paid to attend the AMCP meeting).
- Listing in the pocket guide and AMCP meeting app.
Additional Promotional Opportunities (not included in the satellite symposium fee)
Mailing list Rental
The attendee mail list, available starting August 26, contains approximately 1,800 registrant names, job title, company and mailing addresses (emails and phone numbers are not included) and gives you the ability to reach your target market by job title, company, or region.
The renting organization must be an official meeting participant (exhibitor, sponsor, satellite symposia, Science and Innovation Theater or Industry Workshop provider). Rental lists are provided for direct mail purposes only.
The list is limited to one-time use and a sample piece must be approved by Beth O'Brien, Director, Meetings & Conventions at email@example.com in advance. Payments must be received before the list is provided. Contact LaChelle Smith, Senior Coordinator, Member Relations & Database at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the mail list rental.
AMCP’s door drop fee is $1,000 for each drop and does not include hotel fees. AMCP-contracted hotels will require a copy of the approval memo from AMCP to process arrangements for the door drop. Hotel pricing for the distribution range from $1.50-$5.00 per piece/per door. The final cost is determined by the individual hotel property and those billing arrangements must be made directly between the company and the hotel. Contact Julian Greer, Senior Manager, Meetings and Forums at email@example.com with questions regarding door drops.
Shipping of Satellite Symposia Materials
Shipping of materials and storage are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company presenting the non-commercial industry-supported symposium activity. For symposia hosted on Tuesday, materials must be shipped directly to their attention at their hotel. All other satellites can ship materials to the venue through Freeman (shipping labels will be provided by AMCP in early September). Symposia managers will pick-up a wrist band at the registration desk to enter the Expo Hall to pick-up materials during Expo Hall open hours at the Freeman service.
Shipping information for symposia is included below: For symposia hosted on or after Wednesday, Oct. 21.
Shipping and Storage Contact Information
Satellite Symposium Application Submission Checklist
- Desired time slot (date/time)—indicate first, second, and third choices. (Date and time assignments based on the order of application receipt, slot availability, and content. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.
- Satellite Symposium fee is due with the application along with proof of grant funding (grant funding emailed on the separate cover to Maria Miranda, Senior Coordinator, Education at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Satellite symposium title—should appear in upper case and lower-case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
- Program description —a comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
- Learning objectives— include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to….”
- Target audience—please specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
- Name of ACPE-accredited provider that will award CPE credit for the symposium.
- Contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
- Name of accredited providers of CME and CNE credit (if applicable).
- Source(s) of commercial grant support.
- Detailed program agenda (with time allotments).
- List of confirmed/invited faculty (e.g., full name, academic degrees, job title, work affiliation/company, city and State).
- Biographical sketch—one paragraph summarizing the qualifications of each confirmed/invited faculty member. Please do not submit complete CVs
- Who will be the primary contact and program manager for the activity?
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria
- Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide enough information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation. Note that all information requested on the Submission Checklist must be supplied.
- Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care and time are likely to attract the largest attendance.
- The originality of the subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
- Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Satellite Symposia Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by a medical education company must be submitted in writing to Maria Miranda, Senior Coordinator, Education at email@example.com. Medical education companies that cancel a symposium are eligible for a refund, as follows:
- Cancellation prior to August 14 will receive a 50% refund of total symposia fee.
- Cancellation after 5pm ET on August 15 are not refunded any funds (and still owe if balance)
Any fees remitted to AMCP for symposia cancellation may not be forwarded nor transferred to another national meeting, attendee registration, or any other purpose.
Enduring Activity Option
AMCP offers the following option for repurposing your satellite symposium as a supplement to the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP). ), AMCP’s peer-reviewed journal. Supplements may be online only or online + print (accompanying an issue of JMCP). Visit www.jmcp.org/ for more information.
If you have questions about the AMCP Nexus 2020 Call for Satellite Symposia please email firstname.lastname@example.org.