IMPORTANT: NEW PROCEDURES
PAYMENT METHOD – CREDIT CARD
Fifty (50%) of Satellite Symposium is due with application along with proof of grant funding. AMCP will charge the credit card 50% of the total amount due with your submitted application. Upon assignment of a time slot, AMCP will invoice the participant for the remaining balance; and the balance will be charged 30 days from date of invoice on the previously submitted credit card. AMCP will accept applications on a first-come, first-served basis until all available time slots remain. Please note: Date and time assignments based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content. If another organization has proposed the same or very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned one of their alternate choices. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.
Benefits of Conducting a Satellite Symposia
All accepted satellite symposia will be assigned to a room in the convention center or specified venue during times that do not conflict with AMCP’s education session activities and exhibits. AMCP promotes all satellite symposia to registered attendees and potential registrants.
Your symposium will have:
- Access to nearly 4,000 managed care pharmacists and other health care professionals seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs.
- Specific program listing on the meetings, with a link to your event registration page.
- Listing in the Program and Event Guide distributed to all registered attendees.
- Listing in the meeting App.
- Your signage displayed on a marquee structure located in the registration area.
- Promotion to all registered attendees via the following promotions:
- AMCP’s Daily Dose: AMCP’s members automatically receive the exclusive members-only Daily Dose delivered via email each weekday morning.
- Attendee Newsletter, emailed to all registered attendees four (4) weeks leading up to the meeting (one each week).
- AMCP’s News & Views the monthly e-newsletter delivered via email each month to all AMCP members. AMCP’s social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
In addition, companies conducting a satellite symposium activity can also purchase the following:
- An AMCP registration mailing list of registered attendees (The fee for non-corporate member supporter is $3,000* and for AMCP corporate member supporter is $1,500*) *If your commercial supporter is an AMCP Corporate member, you qualify for the $1,500 dollar fee (click here to check the corporate member list or visit http://www.amcp.org/corporateroster/). The registration mailing list will be available four (4) weeks prior to the meeting.
- Tote Bag Inserts: A limited number of tote bag inserts given to all attendees at registration are permitted for $7,500. The tote bags have a limited amount of inserts permitted and are intended only for promoting of the satellite symposium activity. For more information, contact Josh Maze at email@example.com.
- AMCP Membership Lists: Direct Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Door Drops: To promote your symposium activity at the meeting, you are eligible to conduct a door drop. You will be charged a fee of $1,000 for each separate program. This fee is separate from any of the hotel charges. Pricing for the distribution range from $1.50-$5.00 per piece/per door. Final cost is determined by the hotel and those billing arrangements must be made directly between the company and the hotel. For more information, contact Beth O’Brien at email@example.com
Time Slot Criteria and Associated Fees
Selections will be made based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time. The fee for each slot is $17,500. Satellite Symposia slot assignments will be made based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content. Content of proposed program. If another organization has proposed a very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned their alternate date and time slot selections.
Room Set-up and Size
Satellite Symposia Requirements
- Only fully funded live satellite symposia activities will be considered. Fifty (50%) of fee and written funding confirmation (e.g., letter of agreement or email confirmation from all companies providing support) must be received the same day as the application is submitted in order to be assigned to a symposium time slot.
- The live satellite symposium activity must offer continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit through an approved provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). It is the responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company to arrange for an ACPE-accredited provider to serve as the provider for the education activity. Symposia also may (and are encouraged to) offer continuing education credit for physicians and nurses. AMCP will not assume responsibility for the development, planning or providing continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for non-commercial industry-supported symposia.
- AMCP reserves the right to change the dates and times of accepted symposia.
- Satellite symposia may not charge a separate registration fee (i.e., a fee over and above the registration fee paid to attend the meeting).
- All speakers and moderators for non-commercial industry supported events must be registered for the meeting. They must be wearing their meeting badges in order to be admitted to their assigned room at the convention center. The planning and/or medical education company coordinating the non-commercial industry supported event is responsible for ensuring all speakers and moderators are registered in advance of the session. A one-day meeting registration rate is available. The planning and/or medical education company staff members who are staffing the activity are not required to be registered for meeting.
- Attendee check-in, audiovisual equipment, and catering are the responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company conducting the satellite symposium, not AMCP. Freeman is the exclusive provider of Audio Visual set-ups and catering must be arranged directly through the Convention Center venue after your slot is confirmed. Contact information for these vendors will be provided in your satellite e-packet (upon acceptance of your symposium application).
- All promotional materials such as flyers, door drops, tote bag inserts, brochures, signage, App listings, online invitations, publications print/online, website banners, advertisements in other publications, or emails must be reviewed and approved by AMCP before being published or disseminated. There will be a 24 hour turnaround time for this process. Please factor this requirement into your production management.
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria
- Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide sufficient information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation. Note that all information requested on the Submission Checklist must be supplied.
- Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and timely are likely to attract the largest attendance.
- Originality of subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
- Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Fee Refund Policy for Cancellation by the Satellite Symposium
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to AMCP and must be received before date specified. If notice of cancellation is received before date specified, fifty (50%) percent of the fee will be refunded. If notice of cancellation is received on or after date specified, no refund will be given. Please note that non-refunded program fees cannot be transferred to other AMCP national meeting for any reason.
Shipping of Satellite Symposia Materials
The shipping of materials and storage are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company presenting the industry supported symposium activity. We suggest you ship your materials to your attention at the hotel you will be staying.
Enduring Activity Option
AMCP offers the following option for extending the life and maximizing the reach of your live satellite symposium activity as a supplement to the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP):
AMCP offers the following option for repurposing your satellite symposium as a supplement to the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP), which reaches 27,000 medical directors and pharmacy directors of health plans, PBMs, HMOs, and large health systems. Supplements may be online only or online + print (accompanying an issue of JMCP). Complete information about JMCP supplements – can be found by visiting http://www.jmcp.org/. Click on Authors/Reviewers tab and then Supplement Submission Checklist.
Satellite Symposium Application Submission Checklist
- Satellite symposium title—should appear in upper case and lower case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
- Program description —comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
- Learning objectives— include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to….”
- Target audience—please specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
- Name of ACPE-accredited provider that will award CPE credit for the symposium.
- Contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
- Name of accredited providers of CME and CNE credit (if applicable).
- Source(s) of commercial grant support.
- Detailed program agenda (with time allotments).
- List of confirmed/invited faculty (e.g., full name, academic degrees, job title, work affiliation/company, city and State).
- Biographical sketch—one paragraph summarizing the qualifications of each confirmed/invited faculty member. Please do not submit complete CVs.
- Desired time slot (date/time)—indicate first, second, and third choices. (Date and time assignments based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content. If another organization has proposed the same or very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned one of their alternate choices. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.)
- Enduring Activity Option—indicates if you want to extend the life and maximize the reach of your live symposium activity as a supplement to Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP).
Maria Miranda | Senior Education Coordinator | 703- 684-2644 - firstname.lastname@example.org