Xcenda, AmerisourceBergen Consulting Services
4114 Woodlands Pkwy., Suite 500
Palm Harbor, FL 34685
Chelsey Campbell, PharmD, MBA, MS
Assistant Director, Global Health Economics
The Preceptor is licensed in Florida.
Description of the Activities in which the Student Pharmacist will be Involved
Specific learning objectives will be developed and projects assigned according to each student’s primary areas of interest and aptitude level.
Potential objectives include:
- Distinguish between the different types of pharmacoeconomic analyses and understand the process for developing pharmacoeconomic models.
- Understand the process of continuous quality improvement and become familiar with the steps involved in quality improvement research and disease management.
- Understand the process for outcomes-based utilization in healthcare decision making for formulary development and other Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee issues.
- Understand the methodologies used in developing an outcomes-based formulary or preferred drug list.
- Understand the tools used in outcomes-based utilization decision making (research, outcomes, and quality-focused Drug Utilization Evaluations/Medication Utilization Evaluations [DUE/MUE]).
- Find health economic-related literature from nontraditional sources (internet sites, specific journals, databases other than Medline).
- Identify the outcomes and cost drivers for treatment of disease states commonly encountered in managed care.
The experience can be structured as a 4-week, 5-week or 6-week rotation. There may be a possibility for flexibility for those in a non-traditional PharmD program.
Site can accommodate student pharmacists at anytime during the year (upon approved application only).
Site does not offer an IPPE.
Site can accommodate two (2) student pharmacists per rotation block.
State and School/College Preference
Site can accept student pharmacists from any school/college of Pharmacy (upon execution of affiliation agreement).
Site does not provide housing or housing assistance.
Student Pharmacist Prerequisites Prior to the Rotation Start
Site requires that the student pharmacist complete an acknowledgement of the organization's substance abuse policy, complete a confidentiality agreement, and complete the application process.
Affiliation Agreement Required by Site
Site requires that the school/college sign an affiliation agreement. Contact Preceptor at email@example.com