AMCP APPE Rotation
AMCP’s Experiential Program in Association & Leadership Management
Starting in May 2020 for the Class of 2021
AMCP’s mission is to enrich the managed care pharmacy workforce by providing educational and experiential opportunities for student pharmacists. AMCP is excited to to host an Experiential Program in Association & Leadership Management at our headquarters in Alexandria, VA. This APPE rotation will help student pharmacists learn the fundamentals of association and leadership management including effective communication, education and advocacy. During this APPE rotation, student pharmacists will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the mission, vision, core values, organizational structure, and services of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy.
- Participate in strategic leadership meetings, both internal and external, including meetings on Capitol Hill.
- Identify and analyze high priority issues in managed care pharmacy, and help determine AMCP’s role on these issues.
- Develop skills in verbal and written communication, information gathering, evaluation, and analysis for use in a future in managed care pharmacy.
APPE Program Description & Curriculum
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is a national professional association of pharmacists and other health care practitioners who apply sound medication management principles and strategies to improve health care for all. The AMCP APPE Experiential Program in Association & Leadership Management schedule is designed to be five (5) weeks in duration with a flexible end date. This is designed to fit most APPE schedule requirements. The APPE is intended to be an elective feature of a school or college of pharmacy’s curriculum-based experiential program. Designated pharmacist members of AMCP staff will serve as preceptors within their department area and students will work cross-functionally with all departments. Costs and arrangements for transportation, housing, and meals, etc., are the responsibility of the student pharmacist. There is no stipend or salary associated with the APPE.
Access the full curriculum (includes goals, objectives, syllabus, and timeline)
Application & Deadline
To be eligible for AMCP’s Experiential Program in Association & Leadership Management, interested student pharmacists must submit an application by December 15, 2019.
- Completion of APPE application.
- 500 word essay explaining your career goals and interest in managed care pharmacy and/or association management.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, including preferred contact information. Please include 2-3 professional references (including: name, email, phone number) on your CV or resume.
Please Note: All applicants must inform their college or school's experiential coordinator prior to submission.
AMCP staff will review all completed applications and will conduct phone interviews with top candidates. Final notifications for applicants will be sent via email no later than January 17, 2020.
Please reach out to email@example.com