Liver Disease Resources
Liver disease can be inherited (genetic). Liver problems can also be caused by a variety of factors that damage the liver, such as viruses, alcohol use and obesity.
Over time, conditions that damage the liver can lead to scarring (cirrhosis), which can lead to liver failure, a life-threatening condition. But early treatment may give the liver time to heal.1
AMCP is pleased to work with Gilead Sciences, Inc. to offer these resources to you.
Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy
- Polypharmacy is a risk factor for mortality, severe chronic kidney disease, and liver disease among privately insured adults with cerebral palsy. Daniel G W, Mary S, Heidi H. Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy, 2021 Jan;27(1):51-63.
- All-Cause and Incremental Per Patient Per Year Cost Associated with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus and Associated Liver Complications in the United States: A Managed Care Perspective. Carrie M, Lisa J M, Christopher A H, et al. Journal of Managed Care + Specialty Pharmacy, 2011 Sep;17(7):531-546.
- Roles for the mycobiome in liver disease. Zeng S, Schnabl B. Liver Int. 2022 Apr. doi: 10.1111/liv.15160.
- Role of the Inflammasome in Liver Disease. De Carvalho Ribeiro M, Szabo G. Annu Rev Pathol. 2022, Jan. doi: 10.1146/annurev-pathmechdis-032521-102529.
- Association Between Periodontitis and Liver Disease. Rinčić G, Gaćina P, Jukić L V, et al. Acta Clin Croat. 2022, Feb. doi: 10.20471/acc.2021.60.03.22.
- The impact of liver disease on mortality in cystic fibrosis-A systematic review. Sasame A, Stokes D, Bourke B, et al. J Cyst Fibros. 2022, Mar. doi: 10.1016/j.jcf.2021.07.014.
- Liver specific, systemic and genetic contributors to alcohol-related liver disease progression. Schnabl B, Arteel G E, Stickel F, et al. Z Gastroenterol. 2022, Jan. doi: 10.1055/a-1714-9330.
- Biological therapies in patients with liver disease: are they really lifesavers? Vitale G, Gitto S, Campani C, et al. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2022, Apr. doi: 10.1080/14712598.2022.2013799.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma: Clinical challenges of an intriguing link. Chrysavgis L, Giannakodimos I, Diamantopoulou P, et al. World J Gastroenterol. 2022, Jan. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v28.i3.310.
- Population screening for liver fibrosis: Toward early diagnosis and intervention for chronic liver diseases. Ginès P, Castera L, Lammert F, et al. Hepatology. 2022, Jan. doi: 10.1002/hep.32163.
- Anticoagulation Considerations in Liver Disease. Stone A C, Gaborcik J W, Smetana M E. Crit Care Nurs Q. 2022, Apr-Jun. doi: 10.1097/CNQ.0000000000000398.
- Polycystic Liver Disease: Advances in Understanding and Treatment. Masyuk T V, Masyuk A I, LaRusso N F. Annu Rev Pathol. 2022, Jan. doi: 10.1146/annurev-pathol-042320-121247.
Sponsored by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
1. MayoClinic. (n.d.) Liver Disease. Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/liver-problems/symptoms-causes/syc-20374502.