Kidney Disease Resources
Chronic kidney disease, also called chronic kidney failure, describes the gradual loss of kidney function. Your kidneys filter wastes and excess fluids from your blood, which are then excreted in your urine. When chronic kidney disease reaches an advanced stage, dangerous levels of fluid, electrolytes, and wastes can build up in your body.1 AMCP is pleased to work with Tricida to offer these resources to you.
- Metabolic Acidosis Is a Predictor of Mortality in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
Provided by Tricida
Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP) Articles on Kidney Disease
- Adherence and Persistence with DPP-4 Inhibitors Versus Pioglitazone in Type 2 Diabetes Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Retrospective Claims Database Analysis Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2020 Jan;26(1):67-75
- Prevalence and Management of Drug-Related Problems in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients by Severity Level: A Subanalysis of a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial in Community Pharmacies Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2018 Feb;24(2):173-181
- Biomarkers of Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease Zhang WR, Parikh CR. Biomarkers of Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease. Annu Rev Physiol. 2019;81:309-333. doi:10.1146/annurev-physiol-020518-114605 Kidney Health Research Collaborative, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine. Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Preventing and treating kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes Delanaye P, Scheen AJ. Preventing and treating kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2019;20(3):277-294. doi:10.1080/14656566.2018.1551362 Division of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, Liège, Belgium. Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre for Interdisciplinary Research on Medicines (CIRM), University of Liège, Liège, Belgium. Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, Liège, Belgium.
This page is sponsored by Tricida.
1. Mayo Clinic. (n.d.). Chronic Kidney Disease. Retrieved from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-kidney-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20354521