Chronic Kidney Disease Resources
Chronic kidney disease, also called chronic kidney failure, describes the gradual loss of kidney function. Your kidneys filter wastes and excess fluids from your blood, which are then excreted in your urine. When chronic kidney disease reaches an advanced stage, dangerous levels of fluid, electrolytes, and wastes can build up in your body.1 AMCP is pleased to work with AstraZeneca to offer these resources to you.
- Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP) Articles on Chronic Kidney Disease
- Additional Publications
- Polypharmacy is a Risk Factor for Mortality, Severe Chronic Kidney Disease, and Liver Disease Among Privately Insured Adults with Cerebral Palsy Journal Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2021 Jan;27(1):51-63
- Annual Health Care Resource Utilization and Cost Among Type 2 Diabetes Patients with Newly Recognized Chronic Kidney Disease Within a Large U.S. Administrative Claims Database Journal Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2020 Dec;26(12):1506-1516
- Clinical and Economic Impact of Hyperkalemia in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease and Heart Failure Journal Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2017 Apr;23(4-a Suppl):S2-S9
- Nephrotoxic Medication Exposure in U.S. Adults with Predialysis Chronic Kidney Disease: Health Services Utilization and Cost Outcomes Journal Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2016 Aug(8):959-968
- Biomarkers of Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease Zhang WR, Parikh CR. Biomarkers of Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease. Annu Rev Physiol. 2019;81:309-333. doi:10.1146/annurev-physiol-020518-114605 Kidney Health Research Collaborative, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine. Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Preventing and treating kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes Delanaye P, Scheen AJ. Preventing and treating kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2019;20(3):277-294. doi:10.1080/14656566.2018.1551362 Division of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, Liège, Belgium. Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre for Interdisciplinary Research on Medicines (CIRM), University of Liège, Liège, Belgium. Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, Liège, Belgium.
This page is sponsored by AstraZeneca.
1. Mayo Clinic. (n.d.). Chronic Kidney Disease. Retrieved from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-kidney-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20354521