Call for Satellite Symposia
There are 3 remaining opportunities to submit for Satellite Symposia in 2021:
AMCP eLearning Days 2021
AMCP is committed to helping the managed care community meet their continuing education needs. Back by popular demand, eLearning Days are virtual days of education featuring the hottest topics in managed care pharmacy.
- The agenda includes six (6) one-hour continuing pharmacy education (CPE) virtual presentations from June 15-17, 2021.
- Slots are available for six (6) one and one-half hour (1.5) satellite symposia total throughout the week scheduled around AMCP programming.
Satellites hosted in conjunction with eLearning Days 2020 saw between 600-1,000 virtual attendees.
AMCP eLearning Days 2021 Satellite Symposia Important Dates
- March 8, 2021 – Satellite symposia submission site opened.
Specialty Connect 2021 Virtual - Focus on Neuromuscular Diseases
Given the significant clinical and economic complexities surrounding the treatment of neuromuscular diseases, managed care professionals must understand the disease states, evolving standards of care, and emerging therapeutic options.
This year’s virtual program will provide a thorough immersion in the concepts most important to quality neuromuscular disease management and offer interactive opportunities to discuss with experts and like-minded colleagues.
- Specialty Connect 2021 is designed for industry leaders, experts, and managed care pharmacists operating in the fast-growing specialty sector of neuromuscular diseases.
- The agenda features four (4) one-hour continuing pharmacy education (CPE) virtual presentations from August 10-11, 2021.
- Slots are available for four (4) one and one-half hour (1.5) satellite symposia total throughout the week on any specialty related topic scheduled around AMCP programming.
Satellites hosted in conjunction with Specialty Connect 2020 Virtual saw close to 300 virtual attendees.
Specialty Connect 2021 Satellite Symposia Important Dates
- May 10, 2021 – Satellite symposia submission site opens.
- May 21, 2021 – Satellite symposia submission site closes.
- May 28, 2021 – Notifications will be emailed.
Nexus 2021 will provide focused, essential learning opportunities beginning on Tuesday, Oct 19, with pre-conference programs and continuing through Friday, Oct. 22, 2021.
Satellites hosted in conjunction with Nexus 2020 Virtual saw between 120-675 virtual attendees.
Nexus 2021 Satellite Symposia Important Dates
- July 13, 2021 – Satellite symposia submission site opens.
- July 27, 2021 – Satellite symposia submission site closes.
- Aug. 3, 2021 – Notifications will be emailed.
AMCP allows non-commercial, grant-supported satellite symposia in conjunction with select educational meetings. These symposia extend the educational experience of registered attendees at no additional charge. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and well-timed are likely to attract the largest attendance. AMCP attendees can gain continuing pharmacy education credit (CPE), continuing medical education credit (CME), continuing nursing education credit (CNE), or all three.
AMCP makes reasonable attempts to attract quality attendees but does not guarantee a specific volume, level of qualification, or overall attendance. Attendance by any given symposium is a function of that symposium and not the responsibility of AMCP. AMCP will not refund the symposia fee based on attendance. Medical education companies may invite professionals beyond the AMCP meeting registrants.
Satellite Symposia slot assignments will be made by AMCP based on the topic area. AMCP reserves the right to accept or reject proposals to ensure we are providing diversity in our educational programming.
Medical education companies will host the symposium on a virtual event platform of their choice. The cost, selection and production of the virtual symposia is fully the responsibility of the medical education company.
Satellite Symposia Application Submission Checklist:
1. Satellite Symposium fee is due, in full, with the application along with proof of grant funding.
The cost of a satellite symposium is $20,000. The fee includes:
- An assigned one and one-half hour (1.5) meeting slot within the virtual meeting agenda.
- AMCP will promote satellite symposia collectively (not individually) through the following channels:
- Use a targeted email to AMCP members and guest lists, an audience of more than 30,000. This email blast will be sent 2 times.
- Utilize AMCP’s daily newsletter, Daily Dose, to announce the program and direct link to the activity. This will appear in this e-newsletter 2 times.
- Details available on the amcp.org/calendar website, as well as featured on the carousel, ribbon, and featured event on the AMCP website.
- Announce program availability on the AMCP Learn home page.
- Broadcast programming information via social media to engage followers and increase awareness of the program.
- Utilize AMCP’s monthly News and View e-newsletter to announce the program.
2. Satellite Symposium Title
The title should appear in upper case and lower-case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
3. Program Description
A comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
4. Learning Objectives
Include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to….”
5. Target Audience
Specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
Name of accredited providers that will award CPE, CME, or CNE credit for the symposium.
7. Contact Hours
Identify the contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
8. Commercial Support
Indicate the source(s) of commercial grant support.
Include a detailed program agenda (with time allotments).
10. Confirmed/Invited Faculty
List of confirmed/invited faculty (e.g., full name, academic degrees, job title, work affiliation/company, city, and State).
11. Biographical Sketch
One paragraph summarizing the qualifications of each confirmed/invited faculty member.
12. Primary Contact
Determine who the primary contact and program manager for the activity will be.
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria
Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide enough information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation. Note that all information requested on the Submission Checklist must be supplied.
Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and time are likely to attract the largest attendance.
The originality of the subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Please contact email@example.com.