Integrating Innovative Genetic Testing into the Pharmacy Decision-making Process
Recorded on August 29, 2019
Sponsored by Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Genetic testing drives the field of predictive, preventive, and personalized medicine. Employer groups are also at the forefront of improving employee wellness, particularly when it comes to mental health. Kroger Prescription Plans is now introducing a pharmacogenomic test known as GeneSight® at more than 2,300 Kroger stores to guide medication selection at key moments within the patient’s healthcare journey, to better personalize care, use pharmaceutical spend more effectively, reduce absenteeism and disability claims, and improve patient outcomes. Participants will leave the webinar understanding:
- How Kroger Prescription Plans determined that GeneSight, a pharmacogenomic test for major depressive disorder, would positively impact its employees’ well-being
- How pharmacists at Kroger stores will integrate counselling about GeneSight to eligible employer group members
- How Kroger store pharmacists will facilitate GeneSight testing with the prescribing healthcare professionals
- Kevin Favro, PharmD, Director of Clinical Services & Operations, Kroger Prescription Plans
- Colleen Rock, PharmD, PhD, Medical Affairs Manager, Myriad Neuroscience
This webinar is sponsored, developed and presented by the sponsor. The content of the Science & Innovation Theater Webinar and opinions expressed by the presenters are those of the sponsor or presenters and not of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy.