AMCP Foundation Best Poster Competition
The AMCP Foundation Best Poster Award is given to the student pharmacist, resident or fellow, and graduate students with the most outstanding poster. The competition is divided into three categories: Student Pharmacists, Residents or Fellows, and Graduate Students. Student/Resident/Fellow/Graduate Student Posters may be submitted by pharmacy students enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy degree program, pharmacy residents, pharmacists completing postdoctoral fellowships or students completing a graduate program. Posters submitted under the Student (Non-Reviewed) option, are eligible to compete for the Best Poster Award. (Peer-reviewed abstracts are not eligible for the AMCP Foundation Best Poster Student/Resident/Fellow/Graduate Student Award.)
The recipient from each category of the Best Poster Competition will be announced and presented at AMCP's Annual Meeting & Expo. The recipient from each category will receive the following:
- Cash award of $500.00
- Plaque engraved with the recipient's name
- A complimentary AMCP membership for one year
- Recognition in AMCP News & Views
- A complimentary registration to AMCP Nexus
Poster Board Materials:
AMCP will provide you with the following:
- One (1) single-sided cork board approximately 8' high x 4' wide frame (this is a new format)
- Pushpins to mount your poster
- One (1) 6' table (1' wide) for handout materials (you will share one-half of the table, horizontally, with another presenter)
As long as the combined size of your poster materials fit within the 8' high x 4' wide frame, you may tailor the size and format of your materials in any fashion to be conducive to the effectiveness of your presentation. It is recommended that your pieces be laminated. Your abstract will not be included in the April show issue of the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP) (Professional and accepted peer-reviewed Option II Student/Resident/Fellow/Graduate Student posters will be published only); therefore, you are not required to include your abstract within your poster presentation. However, you are encouraged to include it. You must also prepare handouts for distribution to attendees. Limit the content of your handout to educational information that pertains directly to the poster presentation. We recommend that you bring up to 100 copies of handout material for distribution to meeting attendees (AMCP is not responsible for your handout duplication). Please make sure that you designate the primary author and include complete correspondence information such as address, telephone, email address, etc.
Tips for Poster Presentations
- The poster corkboard provided is approximately 8' high x 4' wide. Please limit the size of your entire poster or poster sections to 8' high x 4' wide.
- Be sure to include the abstract title, author name(s), and the institution where the work was completed, in large letters centered at the top of the poster.
- The presentation number assigned to the poster presentation should not be placed on your poster. The poster boards will be numbered for you.
- Hand carry your poster to the meeting, using tubular packaging or a portfolio case. Do not mail your poster to the meeting headquarters or to the meeting site.
- Come prepared with any relevant handouts you may wish to share and business cards to hand out.
- You must be at your poster to participate in the competition.
The Foundation seeks a funding partner to support the Best
Poster Competition with a grant or sponsorship request of $10,000. Grants in
support of Foundation programs count toward overall corporate membership
sponsorship levels for the AMCP National Meetings. Questions? Contact AMCP Foundation Executive Director Paula Eichenbrenner.