Conference Session Speakers, Presenters or Faculty
AMCP invites you to submit your proposal(s) for presentation at its two national meetings, one each spring and fall. A range of presentation formats is sought for managed care pharmacists and those interested in increasing their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmaceutical care programs. We are interested in the activities, initiatives, breakthroughs and partnerships that are shaping the future of managed care pharmacy. Share and discuss your solutions for optimizing the delivery of cost-efficient, quality and value-driven pharmaceutical care with your colleagues at the premier events for practitioners of managed care pharmacy.
The Call for Proposals is issued in February and August for AMCP’s meetings. To see the current Call for Proposals, look under the Meetings tab on the AMCP website.
Conference Session Moderator
The Call for Moderators is issued two months before each national meeting. AMCP seeks moderators who have a special interest in and are conversant with the subject matter being discussed. Facilitation of the Q&A is a key role for the moderator, and speakers rely on this individual to stimulate questions from the audience. A broadcast email is sent to all academy members to apply.
A moderator's primary responsibilities are to:
- Contact faculty members in advance of the session to introduce yourself
- Verify order of presentation and speaking schedule when there is more than one presenter
- Introduce faculty members in the session
- Make housekeeping announcements prior to and at the conclusion of sessions
- Keep the session on schedule
- Facilitate the question and answer period between faculty and audience members
- Other responsibilities might include:
- Leading the discussion between or among faculty members
- Participate in faculty member conference calls
- Summarize faculty presentations and make closing remarks at the end of the session
Onsite Conference Volunteer
The Academy is always in need of interested members to serve as hosts at its membership booth at each of the two national meetings. A booth host's primary responsibilities are to:
- Welcome visitors and provide general information about AMCP
- Direct visitors to the appropriate brochure/print resource as necessary
- Convey inquiries to the proper AMCP staff person
- Invite nonmembers to join AMCP
Ideally, AMCP seeks volunteers who have some familiarity with the Academy and its programs and issues. The commitment is approximately one hour during conference hours. Volunteers are scheduled so as not to conflict with their schedules as much as possible. To volunteer in the AMCP membership booth, please email email@example.com.