Webinar Recorded on October 6, 2015
Click here to download PDF of presentation
The objective of the webinar is to discuss the potential application of cost-effectiveness analysis within frameworks of value and affordability when designing formularies and determining product coverage. Payer use of cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses to inform formulary decisions is still evolving. This webinar will discuss the use of two analytic frameworks – Premera’s Value-Based Formulary Design and the ICER (Institute for Clinical and Economic Review) Value Assessment Framework, encompassed in the newly released ICER Reports.
The discussion will include how the frameworks can be used to:
- Compare costs and outcomes of alternative therapies in a rigorous and structured manner
- Detect clinical nuance
- Implement clinically appropriate and data-driven processes to manage formularies and benefits
- Determine how to apply estimates of cost-effectiveness and affordability to medical management, tier placement, as well as pricing and negotiations.
Feedback directly from Payers regarding their perspectives and use of the ICER reports in their product evaluation process will be included. Join us for some timely discussion and an opportunity to ask your burning questions.
Michael Drummond, PhD, University of York, UK
- Dan Danielson, MS, RPH, Pharmacy Manager, Clinical Services Premera Blue Cross
- Steven D. Pearson, MD, MSc, President and Founder, Institute for Clinical and Economic Review