The mission of the Georgia Affiliate of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (GA-AMCP) is to foster the growth of managed care pharmacy practice in Georgia and to provide an organization where AMCP members in Georgia can discuss the common goal of providing innovative, high quality and cost-effective health care while improving the quality of life and patient outcomes within the communities we serve.
- President: Sharon Montgomery
- President-Elect: Kimberly Vernachio
- Past President: Jerry Dubberly
- Secretary: Scott Philips
- Treasurer: Tom Heard
GA-AMCP's Dual Focus
- Legislative Focus - Increase "grassroots and managed care advocacy awareness at the local level-"Think globally, act locally!" Tap into local lobbyists as an educational resource on regional and state issues as they relate to managed care pharmacy.
- Managed Care Education-Students - GA-AMCP will work to educate student pharmacists about managed care and work with the schools and colleges of pharmacy in the state to broaden a student pharmacists exposure to managed care prior to graduation. The Affiliate will assist the AMCP Student Chapters and Diplomats as a resource for managed care pharmacy related information.
GA-AMCP Founders-Charter Members
Jerry Dubberly, Ann Duke, Chamelda Gray, Becky Hamilton, Bill Hopkins, Sharon Montgomery, Shobhna Butler, Mary Cooper, Marjan Massoudi, Beth Holland, Kenan Smith and Adrian Washington
If you are an AMCP member living in Georgia, consider joining GA-AMCP. For more information about GA-AMCP, contact GAAMCP@gmail.com.